• Free transportation to and from the Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee Wisconsin and Rhinelander-Oneida County Airport, both located less than 65 miles from our ranch.
*Airports available with car rental are Minneapolis, MN-190 miles, Madison, WI-178 miles and Milwaukee, WI -245 miles. **Central Wisconsin Airport may have rentals available but you must check and reserve prior to your arrival.
The Whitetail Deer Hunts offered here at Balsam Hollow Ranch are for all ages and skill levels. A perfect place to take a youngster hunting for the first time, it just makes our hearts gleam to see those young smiles and know this could be the start of a new family hunting tradition. Looking for that man camp, sometimes it is just missing the men. Remember your group is isolated with private lodging and the property all to yourselves. It’s time to relax and unwind at Balsam Hollow Ranch.
We offer an early season Velvet Buck Hunt that takes place in mid to late August just prior to the bucks losing their velvet. You have no restrictions on anything other than a minimum of 8 points or better. You can harvest any size whitetail buck eight point or better, in velvet, for one price. You not only get a velvet buck trophy but the largest Trophy Whitetail Buck each year is still here at this time and you or your group could get a chance at him. These are a premium trophy whitetail hunt and because we are a preserve we can offer this hunt with any weapon of your choosing and well before anyone in Wisconsin (or most states) can pick up a rifle to hunt. We only offer this to a maximum of three hunters per year and it must be in one group as this hunt is only offered once per year. Please contact us directly to discuss pricing for this coveted Trophy Velvet Buck Hunt Package.
Score Classes Regular Prices
Up to 145" $2,500 plus tax
146"-160" $3,200 plus tax
161"-175" $4,700 plus tax
176"-195" $6,400 plus tax
196"-215" $8,500 plus tax
216"-235" $9,900 plus tax
The Balsam Hollow Ranch whitetail deer hunting preserve is private and exclusive. Filled with trophy whitetail deer. Our hunting preserve has a relaxing Wisconsin setting that caters to your wishes. Be assured we have some of the best deer hunting one can experience. When you are out on our whitetail deer hunting preserve, the stress of everyday life is put aside and allows you to relax with nature taking over. There is no better way for a deer hunter to step away from daily living and find themselves in that special place where they really want to be than here at Balsam Hollow Ranch. When on our preserve we take you seriously, once your deer hunting party is in our hunting ranch, you'll never see any other hunting party nor share our hunting lodging. It’s all about you and your guests or family.
Tired of freezing in the stand for hours? Our hunting blinds are heated if needed for your convenience. Looking for comfort and convenience? We also have deer hunting blinds set up specifically for special needs situations so let us know how we can help make your hunting trip as convenient as possible. The deer hunting blinds can vary from ground blinds, tree stands, 2 man blinds and 4 man blinds or stands. We also have our deer hunting blinds and stands set up for the weapon of your choice. Whether it be rifle, bow and arrow, muzzle loader, crossbow or pistol. Not only will we do our best to produce that trophy whitetail deer hunt you have been longing for but we will make sure it happens with the weapon of your choice. We do our best to make sure you are comfortable and successful on all of our whitetail deer hunts. That’s our promise to you!
Included in our Trophy Deer Hunts:
• 1 on 1 Guided Deer Hunts
• 100% attention to you and your party
• Your choice of weapon with no seasonal restrictions
• A Wisconsin Hunting License is not needed to hunt at Balsam Hollow Ranch
• Field Dressing and recovery of your harvest
• Caping of your trophy whitetail buck
• All whitetail deer are CWD Tested
• 3 Days, 3 Nights Lodging for all hunts
• Offsite Bass and Crappie Fishing when in season
• All deer hunts are based on SCI scoring. No deductions.
• $500 deposit required to reserve your deer hunt. Confirmation sent upon receipt of deposit.
• Deposits are non-refundable and we will make all necessary concessions to re-schedule your hunt within a twelve month period.
• The balance of your deer hunt is due in the form of money order, cashier’s check or cash upon completion of your deer hunt.
• Wisconsin sales tax is added to your total after the hunt and is not included in the hunt prices.
• All successful Trophy Whitetail Deer Hunts are based on your harvest or evidence of wounding an animal. Please take your time and be sure of your target before shooting your weapon. We will do our best and work diligently to retrieve your harvest but at some point your guide has the final say when to call the hunt over whether the animal was retrieved or not.
Whitetail Deer Hunting in Wisconsin is all about traditions. It is a main stay here and a part of fall each year. Some schools have even let out early, entire business’s shut down for the 9 day rifle season. The comradery shared by hunters and the real appreciation from the business’s welcoming out of state hunters and understanding why they travel to Wisconsin in search of that perfect whitetail deer hunting trip. Wisconsin currently holds the number one Typical Whitetail Buck ever harvested with a rifle in the Boone and Crocket record books. This record has stood since the early 1900’s and we strongly believe that larger Wisconsin deer roam our forests today and we know that there are larger deer here on our preserve yet to be harvested.
Balsam Hollow Ranch shares much in common with the rest of the state as far as soil and mineral content. When you add our 47 years of industry experience to our whitetail deer habitat, the rest goes far beyond in many other areas. Supplemental feeding with high quality feed to produce that healthy and well balanced herd. Every whitetail deer on our property has been born right here. Paying close attention to detail and the nurturing and caring for our whitetail fawns and herd gives all of them the potential to grow and flourish. With food plots separated by pine stands, hardwoods, and dense untouched thickets, the landscape is as near perfect as we can make it without losing our Northwoods feel.